The NDIS supports the Education, Health, Employment and Family of each NDIS participant. However, there are areas within education, health, employment and family that the NDIS will not fund as it may be the government services responsibility. Your LAC, ECEI coordinator or the NDIA will also be able to provide you with information regarding to what the NDIS will fund.
Here are points where the NDIS will fund to support their participant:
- Self-care: this is for assistance with self-care at school such as getting assistance with eating.
- Specialised training: the NDIS funds specialised training for teachers and other staff at school so that they know and understand the personal support a student may need due to their disability.
- Specialist transport: this may be required for the student due to his or her disability. Transportable equipment such as a wheelchair will be funded by the NDIS to improve the student’s mobility.
- Home modifications: This is so the person can become more independent and self-sufficient, it is also to make the person feel more flexible and comfortable within their own house.
- Allied health and various therapies: This may include occupational therapy so people can participate in meaningful activities, speech therapy or physiotherapy.
- Prosthetics: such as artificial limbs
- Aids and equipment: equipment that will help you adjust to everyday life. This can include adjustable beds and wheelchairs that relates to the NDIS participants disability.
- Personal care: assistance with self-care such as grooming and eating meals during work
- Aids and equipment: screen readers or speech generation devices that allow to personally communicate with people
- Disability-specific supports: this fund is for families that need the specific support due to the impact of a family member’s disability.
- Disability-specific training programs: this is a funded training program where parents and carers that may have a disability them self can receive support.
- Disability support for children, teenagers and adult: funding including, home modification for flexibility, equipment for mobility and therapies to support emotional and mental wellbeing.
There are many types of funding the NDIS will support you with. It will help you grow and allow you to become more independent. Although these funding are helpful to many, funding such as prosthetics, aids and equipment require you to fill out payments which may be over whelming. Allow Yogi Care to take care of invoices, receipts and other paper works related to payments that you will definitely want to avoid. Yogi Care has professional plan mangers that will pay your service providers on time so there are less worries on your side. If interested in Yogi Care, contact email@example.com or call 08 7082 5555.